Our Family Law Service
Family and Matrimonial Law encompasses Divorce, Separation, Financial Disputes, Residence for Children, Contacts with children, Domestic violence, Children’s care proceedings, Wardship, Guardianship, Public law proceedings, etc. From pre-nuptial agreements to cohabitation arrangements or divorce, BWF Solicitors can assist you with all legal issues relating to the beginning or the end of a relationship. Whether clients need advice on the legal rights of cohabitants, representation on issues of private children’s law or help with domestic violence issues, BWF Solicitors can help.
BWF Solicitors’ Family Department provides confidential advice with effective representation and includes an accredited member of the Law Society’s Family Law Panel. This means BWF Solicitors are specialists in Family Law and deals with all family-related matters. The Family Department comprises of a professional and efficient team with a wealth of experience in dealing with all aspects of Family and Matrimonial Law. BWF Solicitors’ overriding priority is to listen to all of the issues in a client’s case and explore the best way of resolving such problems. This could be through negotiation, conciliation, or application to the courts.
Whether it is divorce, financial provision, matters concerning children or any other Family Law related matter, BWF Solicitors offer detailed, considerate and effective advice. BWF Solicitors are experts at sorting out family disputes and, wherever possible encourage out-of-court resolutions rather than litigation. BWF Solicitors are, however, fully equipped to advise on bringing court proceedings if it happens to be the most sensible method of achieving the desired outcome.
As members of Resolution (Membership of Resolution commits family lawyers to resolve disputes in a non-confrontational way), BWF Solicitors believe that family law disputes should be dealt with in a constructive way designed to preserve people’s dignity and to encourage agreements.
Members of Resolution are required to:
- Conduct matters in a constructive and non-confrontational way
- Avoid the use of inflammatory language both written and spoken
- Retain professional objectivity and respect for everyone involved
- Take into account the long-term consequences of actions and communications as well as the short-term implications
- Encourage clients to put the best interests of the children first
- Emphasise to clients the importance of being open and honest in all dealings
- Make clients aware of the benefits of behaving in a civilised way
- Keep financial and children issues separate
- Ensure that consideration is given to balancing the benefits of any steps against the likely costs – financial or emotional
- Inform clients of the options e.g. counselling, family therapy, round table negotiations, mediation, collaborative law and court proceedings
- Abide by the Resolution Guides to Good Practice
This Code should be read in conjunction with the Law Society’s Family Law Protocol. All solicitors are subject to the Solicitors Practice Rules
BWF Solicitors can provide a helpful and realistic family law service dealing with all of the above. Whatever your needs, please call us to discuss in complete confidence how we can assist you on 02084937340 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org